Thursday, November 22, 2012

My Carb Addiction: Cinnabon and Godiva Chocolates

 
 
 
My journey with carbohydrate addiction has been eased with the cleanse I have been on. I no longer have the physical addiction to bad carbohydrates. The mental addiction can be present even if the physical draw to bad carbohydrates has been conquered. For example, I was in Columbus, Ohio over the weekend. I always make a trip to Easton Mall. Easton is an experience and a blog all in itself. When I travel, there are certain places I ALWAYS visit, just because these stores are not available where I live. I ALWAYS have to get a cinnamon roll from Cinnabon, and I ALWAYS have to get chocolate from the Godiva Chocolate store. It is just something I do. For no particular reason, other than it tastes good, and I can't purchase these items on a regular basis where I live. And, it is habit. A mental thing.
 
So, after lunch at Max & Irma's, I spot the Cinnabon place. For once, I was not drawn to go there. Not even a little bit. I was estatic and overjoyed. Cinnabon did not have a hold on me. Whew! Leaving the Easton Mall, we walked past Godiva Chocolates. For a brief moment, I wanted to go in. I wasn't craving, but it was out of habit. My son said, "mom, you really don't want that". He was right. I really didn't want it. So, my brief thought to enter, was out of habit, and I passed it by. Being able to forgo a trip to Cinnabon AND Godiva Chocolates was paramount for me.

This is HUGE! After my big mess up with Anne's donut's just a few weeks prior, I felt this was a monumental moment for me! I know it can be done! Victory! Each day for me is a choice. Each day and in each situation I choose my behavior. Carbohydrate addiction – today you had no power over me. Take away thought: Start each day with a clean slate. Carefully think about the choices you make all during the day. Is the choice you are making bringing your toward your goal of your Best Self?

I allow myself to enjoy Cinnabon on occasion! It's my favorite dessert. I now practice moderation and not gluttony! 

No comments:

Post a Comment