Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Essential Nurse LOVES Green Smoothies!




As I have been changing more and more of my food choices, one new food habit of mine has been Green Smoothies. I know. It sounds really gross. That's what I thought at first as well. Facebook is an excellent place to be exposed to new things. You know how it goes. You accept a friend on facebook. When your friends join new groups it shows up on your newsfeed. So, me being the curious one, saw a link for green smoothies. Weird. I tend to have weird ideas (at least my friends seem to think so). As I investigated this concept, I joined a few groups and found a few recipes.
My first and subsequent green smoothies have included such ingredients as spinach, bananas, strawberries, kale, collards, kiwi, blueberries, pineapple, raspberries, alkaline water, ice, almond butter, almond milk, coconut milk, apples, and pears. Just to name a few things. I didn't use all those ingredients in the same smoothie. Do you want to know the funny thing? No matter how much green stuff I put into it, the taste is always the fruit.

Neon green, or "shrek" green is what it looks like. I have been making one or two per day. What have been the effects? I feel so much better. One can't help but feel better when eating from God's bounty.
Do a Google search on the harmful effects of genetically modified foods. This alone should make you want to get away from processed, non organic, genetically modified foods. Our cells are living. Why do we as a nation continue to put dead processed foods into our living bodies, and expect healthy results? I saw a quote today "According to the U.S. Surgeon General of the 2.2 million deaths in America each year, 1.8 million are diet related". So, as a nurse, I feel an obligation to share health. I want to serve God in a healthy, vibrant body. When one finds truth, you either ignore it, or you share it. I am choosing to live it, and share it. You shall know The Truth; and The Truth Shall set you free.-John 8:32

No comments:

Post a Comment